The Chesapeake Boathouse was the first structure to grace the banks of the newly revitalized Oklahoma River in downtown Oklahoma City in 2006. Today, it anchors the Boathouse District and serves as the community boathouse on the river. Take a 360 virtual tour, courtesy of New Spin.
Hailed by many as a landmark presence along the river, the design is the vision of Oklahoma City architect Rand Elliott with primary funding for the project provided by Chesapeake Energy Corporation.
- Deck, lobby, and event room for receptions and meetings
- Boat bays to store up to 124 rowing shells
- A panoramic 24-ft. wall of glass overlooking the deck, river, and reflecting pool
- Event room with a 62-foot window revealing the boat bays
- Fully-equipped fitness/training room overlooking the river
The Chesapeake Boathouse is an Oklahoma Centennial Project.