Welcome to the Chesapeake Boathouse and RIVERSPORT!
OKC RIVERSPORT rowing, kayaking, dragon boating, running, cycling and fitness activities are all headquartered in the Chesapeake Boathouse. Visit our RIVERSPORT web site to learn how you can get involved or to take a 360 virtual tour, courtesy of NewSpin 360! Hours are Mon-Fri 6a-8p • Sat 7a-5p • Sun 1-5p.
About the Boathouse
The Chesapeake Boathouse was the first structure to grace the banks of the newly revitalized Oklahoma River in downtown Oklahoma City in 2006. Today, it anchors the Boathouse District and serves as the community boathouse on the river.
Hailed by many as a landmark presence along the river, the design is the vision of Oklahoma City architect Rand Elliott with primary funding for the project provided by Chesapeake Energy Corporation.
- Deck, lobby, and event room for receptions and meetings
- Boat bays to store up to 124 rowing shells
- A panoramic 24-ft. wall of glass overlooking the deck, river, and reflecting pool
- Event room with a 62-foot window revealing the boat bays
- Fully-equipped fitness/training room overlooking the river
The Chesapeake Boathouse is an Oklahoma Centennial Project.